Terms & Conditions
Treemendous School Makeovers Terms & Conditions
Treemendous brings communities together, hundreds of volunteers have joined to enhance learning environments for students right across New Zealand.
- A Treemendous School Event will be made available for up to four primary or intermediate schools throughout New Zealand per annum.
- The Treemendous School programme is about encouraging environmental education in schools and teaching children about the importance the environment.
- The Treemendous School Event comprises the development of a detailed plan, supply of trees and plants, some labour support and guidance. It does not involve a cash contribution. Applications can include items other than trees and plants (such as seats, pathways, educational signage etc) though funding of these items will be at the discretion of the Treemendous team.
- Applications for Stage 1 must include an approximate size of the area for a makeover, a project leader, a description of the makeover, either in 500 words or less, as a short DVD or a picture story board including photos and received by 14 June 2018.
- Judging for Stage 1 will take place in July 2018. Ten successful applicants will then be asked to complete the Stage 2 application process to be submitted by 25 October 2018. Stage 2 applications will require additional information including; a detailed budget, a landscape plan (this does not need to be professionally drawn up), materials list, community involvement/support and how the experience will be incorporated into the students’ classroom learning.
- Judging for Stage 2 applications will take place in November 2018.
- Notification to the final four winning schools will be made by phone in November 2018. A site visit may be made to confirm suitability.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Treemendous Events will take place on a Saturday in March, April, May or June 2019 on an agreed date.
- Members of the Treemendous team will assist with the organisation of the Event. The successful schools must seek to involve students, families and the wider school community in the Treemendous Event.
- If your school is chosen to become a Treemendous School by our judges, the Treemendous team will work with you to achieve your vision. The final plan and/or plants species may differ from your original application.
- Application forms will not be returned.
- Successful applicants are to cooperate with the administrators and agents in the publicity and promotion of the Treemendous School Event.
- Any preparation work that is considered necessary to complete before the Event day is the responsibility of the successful school and must be completed by the school prior to the agreed date. If the work is not complete or the Treemendous team believe there is insufficient commitment from the school, the Treemendous team has the right to cancel the event.
- All Stage 1 applicants whether successful or not will be notified of the ten finalists.
- An application to become a Treemendous School constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.