Terms & Conditions
Treemendous School Makeovers Terms & Conditions
Treemendous brings communities together, hundreds of volunteers have joined to enhance learning environments for students right across New Zealand.
- A Treemendous School Makeover will be made available for up to four primary or intermediate schools throughout New Zealand.
- The Treemendous School Makeover programme is about encouraging environmental education in the schools and teaching children about the importance of environmental initiatives.
- The Treemendous School Makeover comprises of the development of a detailed plan, supply of trees and plants, some labour support and guidance. It does not involve a cash contribution. Applications can include items other than trees and plants (such as planter boxes, seats, pathways, educational signage etc) though funding of these items will be at the discretion of the Treemendous team.
- Applications for Stage 1 must include an approximate size of the area for a makeover, a project leader, description of the makeover, either in 500 words more or less, as a short DVD or a picture story board including photos and received by 23 June 2017.
- Judging for Stage 1 will take place in July. Ten successful applicants will then be asked to complete the Stage 2 application process to be submitted by 25 October 2017. Stage 2 applications will require additional information including; a detailed budget, a landscape plan (this does not need to be professionally drawn up), materials list, community involvement/support and how the experience will be incorporated into the students’ classroom learning.
- Judging for Stage 2 applications will take place in November 2017.
- Notification to the final four winning schools will be made by 10 November 2017. A site visit may be made prior to 11 December 2017 to confirm suitability.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Makeovers will take place on a Saturday in March, April, May or June 2018 on an agreed date.
- Members of the Treemendous team will assist with the organisation of the makeover. The successful schools must seek to involve students, families and the wider school community in the Makeover project day.
- If your school is chosen for a Treemendous School Makeover by our judges, the Treemendous team will work with you to achieve your vision. The final makeover and/or plants species may differ from your original application.
- Application forms will not be returned.
- Successful applicants must cooperate with the administrators and agents in the publicity and promotion of the Treemendous School Makeovers.
- Any preparation work that is considered necessary to complete before the makeover day is the responsibility of the successful school and must be completed by the school prior to the agreed makeover date. If the work is not complete or the Treemendous team believe there is insufficient commitment from the school, the Treemendous team has the right to cancel the event.
- All Stage 1 applicants will be notified of the 10 shortlisted schools in July 2017.
- An application for a Treemendous School Makeover constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.